Monday, August 29, 2011

State Assessments & Multimedia Work


I'm interested in assessment of multimedia work in the classroom, especially in terms of using these curricular devices as a means for preparing our high school students for standardized tests. With the new Common Core Standards adopted by Michigan, I wonder how teachers can effectively utilize classroom technologies to not only prepare students to meet these standards, but also to meet the standards of the MME & ACT; therefore meeting AYP. I'm a strong advocate for technology-based/multimodal instruction, but I fear that these state restrictions have only limited the creative capabilities of our already low performing schools. Also with new state wavers granter for online high school instruction in Michigan, I'll be interested to see how much technology integration verses online standardized curriculum will prevail in order to meet the real needs of our students.

No comments:

Post a Comment