Sunday, January 16, 2011

30 Day Teacher Challenge- Kick Start Your Blogging



Okay, so as part of edublogs.com, I have decided to join the 30 day Teacher Challenge to Kick Start Your Blogging... Found at: http://teacherchallenge.edublogs.org/

Here were some discussion questions that were part of the first challenge. Some of the other parts of the challenge asked me to set up the blog and comment. I'm excited about this challenge! I hope I can keep up : )


What was hard and what was easy about setting up a new blog?

What do you need to remember to share with students or fellow educators who are setting up their own blog for the first time?

The easy part of setting up my blog was all the technological aspects, since the site I chose as a platform was pretty self-explanatory. The difficult part was coming up with my first topic to blog about! I chose to write about an article that I read for my grad class: Peter Elbow’s essay, The Doubting Game and the Believing Game—An Analysis of the Intellectual Enterprise, found in the appendix of his notorious book, “Writing Without Teachers”.

I guess for me it made it easier to think of the blog writing as a free-writing process, almost like that of a journal.

http://conversations.edublogs.org/2011/01/09/dq-1-kick-start-your-blogging-tips-for-getting-started/

No comments:

Post a Comment